Upcoming News & Events
- Upcoming Meetup - Clayton Vaughn is an enthusiastic caring cello teacher who is passionate about sharing his love of cello and music with others. As an active teacher he is a sectionals coach for a local middle school and high school in Boulder, and is a string faculty member of the Parlando School for the Arts. He was also a cello Teaching Assistant for Judith Glyde from Fall 2009 to Spring 2012. Clayton is an avid orchestral musician and is the principal cellist for the Boulder Chamber Orchestra, and a member of the Greeley Philharmonic and the Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra. Currently, Clayton is enrolled at UC-Boulder where he studies with both Judith Glyde and András Fejér, and will be receiving his Doctorate of Musical Arts in cello performance at the end of this year. For more information visit his website at: www.ClaytonVaughn.com
- A New Arrangement by Nick Halsey - We have another great piece arranged specifically for our group by BCP's very own composer, Nick Halsey (www.CelloExpressions.com), which we will be playing during our October playin. This piece is another member request! Nick has transcribed all four movements for us, but we only have time to play Hall of the Mountain King. Below is a video of the piece used to transcribe the piece for our group. This is going to be beautiful!!!
- YouTube Channel - videos of our last session on September 22nd have been posted to our YouTube channel. We've recorded and posted La Donna e Mobile arranged by Sheryl Smith, Pavane and Habanera from "Carmen" arranged by Joan Harrison, and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring arranged by Nick Halsey. Check it out!
- Yellow Cello Music Fall Offer - If you like the pieces we play from Yellow Cello Music, you'll love this deal! From now through December 31, 2012, buy one book at www.yellowcellomusic.com and get 2 free PDF pieces! Just pick any piece valued at $3.00 or less at the PDF website (www.sherylsmith.musicaneo.com), and when you order, just let her know which 2 free pieces you want by putting the titles in the comments box.
- Discussion Boards - A big "Thank you!" to members who have started to use our discussion boards! Members can post and view cello-related topics. If you haven't started using the board, you may want to check out a few areas that may be of interest! :)
Holiday Recital Dates:
*Rehearsals will be on Sunday:
- Beginner Ensemble Series with Clayton Vaughn - This 3-part series is for beginner to intermediate adult cellists to learn how to play in a group ensemble. We are aware that many adult beginners have not had the chance to play with others. This series will help cellists feel more comfortable joining our Play-in sessions; whereas our guided Play-ins are geared to have FUN and is not meant to provide individual instruction or lessons, this series will be geared towards ensemble skills and instruction to play with others; with the goal that more "beginner" cellists are able to join our sessions with more confidence and play comfortably with others. This series is not required to join our Play-ins. A fee will be assessed to join this series.
- January Wine Tasting & Play-in Session - what a great pairing! To celebrate the the New Year, we have planned for a free wine tasting for members and their friends and family! Friends and family are also welcome to stay and watch the session in a fun, and relaxed play-in session. Details will be posted in November.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors, members and volunteers, and please keep the feedback and suggestions coming!